What if you could plug into the wall, like a blender or a toaster, a wind appliance that generates renewable wind energy? The Jellyfish Wind Appliance is a new wind turbine (windmill) that anyone can install and is just $400, quiet, and safe.
- Turn-key system
- Plugs directly into an existing wall socket -no special wiring or expensive inverters
- Small (36 inches tall) and can be mounted on rooftops, wind towers or street light poles
- Can generate up to 40 kWh per month
- Smart Grid enabled – works in tandem with the existing power grid and can actually send power to the grid giving you an energy (power) credit
- Possible tax credits (local, state, federal)
- Only 1 moving part – virtually maintenance free
- Must live in windy geographic location
- Needs periodic inspections to ensure proper working order
- Does not provide back power (power storage) – like any nature-defendant, renewable energy source
- Shuts down in very high winds automatically
- How much energy can it realistically generate each month?
- It takes about 7 years to re-coop energy costs but will the device (warranty) last that long?
- Performance in high winds?
- Can it be damaged in high winds?
A good start. When combined with other smart or small-scale technologies (solar, hydro, geothermal, etc.), incremental energy savings from the devices can add up to a significant cost and energy savings. More available at Clarian Technologies.